3.31.2010

COLLISIONS OCCURRED AT CHAMONIX, SOMEBODY SAID CERN HEDRON COLLIDER

Dear Jackie,

Dawn and I are definitely looking super hot here in our couture Chamonix ski outfits. Left, right, left, right down the moguls. I know you will be flattered, we were totally thinking of you. I said to Dawan, "Don't you think that Jackie would love our triangular block patterns in our ski gear? I mean, its like abstract art, and that's so totally fresh!"

THEN SUDDENLY... BOOM!

Apparently at that very moment, nearby at CERN, protons that were whipped to more than 99 percent of the speed of light and to record-high energy levels of 3.5 trillion electron volts each raced around a 17-mile underground magnetic track outside Geneva smashing the subatomic particles together. Collisions occurred inside an apartment-building-sized detector designed to capture every evanescent flash and fragment from microscopic fireballs thought to hold insights into the beginning of the universe! Can you believe that! It nearly knocked my socks off! I guess these crazy scientists are actually trying to smash two atoms together because then they can find a way to communicate with aliens.

Ciao!
Sarah